Sunday 15 September 2002

Sitting in the lounge in Kentucky playing with Steve Arnold's wireless-link laptop. No mouse. Quite fun, really. Unlikely to buy any new CDs in America; it ain't the treasure trove of recordings unavailable in Europe that it was 20-30 years ago. Bought an interesting book on Prokofiev, which has really spurred me to do some more investigative listening. I really don't think I need any more recordings of the major violin concertos or symphonies. I really should make an immediate New Year's Resolution concerning my future CD buying.
Scheduled to hear a 15 year old Greek playing "mainly Russian music" this afternoon, followed by an Indian meal. That will be nice. More details in due course. Major storm here at the moment. Dramatic thunder and lightning à la Johann Strauss.

No comments: