Saturday 19 March 2005

Ah, a fine new CD from Joanna Madroszkiewicz playing arrangements of Chopin waltzes and nocturnes (mainly arranged by Huberman or Sarasate). I like Chopin violin and piano arrangements! The music on the disc is varied and interesting and makes a big change from the tired old selection of Banjo & Fiddle, etc. Madroszkiewicz is at the opposite extreme from being a bland player; maybe somewhat gusty, maybe somewhat over-sentimental in the more romantic pieces. But always interesting. Good listening; it will join my "re-listen" pile. I must pull her Wieniawski disc off my racks and re-listen. Finished up the fine Thai soup for lunch, then out with the veal chops from Bath this evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, interesting to read about that violinist. I carry with me for many years her version of the Magic Flute Variations by Sarasate op. 54 with Manfred Wagner-Artzt,pf.

Harry Collier said...

That, I do not have. I am a great Sarasate fan.