Sunday 15 June 2008

I seem to spend a lot of my time listening dutifully to music I really do not like. This evening ended with Darius Milhaud's second violin concerto (in a 1971 recording by André Gertler). If something has not been accepted into the popular corpus of music after 60 years, there is (usually) a good reason. Milhaud's concerto is just note-spinning, and I really do not like it.

The two dishes I eat today today were pre-packaged meals. I don't know why I buy these things; the meals I prepare and cook myself are invariably superior. To bed this evening feeling disgruntled, not helped by an unwelcome phone call. Maybe tomorrow will dawn bright and clear.

1 comment:

oisfetz said...

Gertler was IMO an excelent and unjustly forgotten violinist. His recordings of the complete Bartok's works are remarcable. And his 44 duos with Suk are as good or better than Perlman-Zukerman.