Sunday 30 May 2010

At last, I have found the perfect way to cook squid, for me. A sauce of tomatoes (with fresh tomatoes). Olives, garlic, salt, pepper, birds-eye chilli peppers. Olive oil, and cayenne pepper (on the squid, prior to adding to the sauce). Delicious! Eat with rice.

Visited the French Market in Tetbury this morning and came away armed with Livarot, Camembert, Pont L'évêque, many saucissons, Bayonne hams, rabbit pâté, and a hot baguette. Food for a few months! This French market is a very fine institution. I must find a fool-proof way of getting its advance itinerary.

Music mainly provided by Franco Gulli; my musings on him, and nationality in music performance, in due course.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Sounds good. I am a squid fan. But David - a Scotsman which is my neighbour just does not like the chewy texture. You must try the curry squid at Kayu Nasi Kandar shop - delicious!

Kayu (= wood)
Nasi (= rice)
Kandar (= to carry on long pole between two peoples' shoulders)

So, when are you visiting me Harry?

Harry Collier said...

A Scotsman would find my fiery squid much too spicy. The Scots even consider haggis to be spicy. Scottish palates are .. special, as anyone going to Scotland discovers, to their dismay.

Lee said...

I may even find it spicy. I don't like haggis. I only like the Scottish Symphony (written by a German). Else, there is nothing from Scotland that interests me. Sorry!