Monday 5 July 2010

Yesterday saw the demise of my entire LP collection, plus LP player. The collection that I started in 1955 has now been given away (except for a few nostaligic LPs from the 1955-7 period). About 100 or so LPs were left from the last savage cull of 3-4 years ago. Sad to see them go; but I never have played them over the past ten years, and coupling up the LP player took up valuable space. And, also, I have more than enough CDs that are too seldom played. I still have one LP deck that plugs directly into a computer USB port for transfers from LP to CD, so I can still do the occasional transfer.

My spicy squid dish has now reached perfection. But I must cut back on the chillies and Cayenne pepper!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hope you got good money for your LPs. Use that to buy more CDs. Haha.

Harry Collier said...

No money, alas. But at least they went to a good home where they will be appreciated. Some fairly rare LPs in their midst from the 1950s and early 60s.